WHAT DOES “PERSONAL INFORMATION” MEAN?
Collecting personal information Reserve Properties and Capital Developments collect personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires, transaction documents or other similar documents.
Using personal information
Reserve Properties and Capital Developments use personal information that they collect for the following limited purposes:
- To communicate with individuals
- To assist in understanding individuals’ needs and preferences and to adjust our products and services accordingly
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with customers
- Reserve Properties or Capital Developments may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We knowingly disclose personal information when we have received your consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described when personal information is collected. However, we will disclose personal information without such consent when such disclosure is permitted or required by law.
We will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except:
- To our agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service our customers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any purpose other than as described above.
- Reserve Properties and Capital Developments do not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. In the event of the sale of Reserve Properties or Capital Developments, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
COOKIES, ANALYTICS, REMARKETING AND OPTING OUT BROWSING THE RESERVE PROPERTIES OR CAPITAL DEVELOPMENTS AND ASSOCIATED WEBSITES
Together with our service providers, we collect IP (Internet Protocol) addresses from all Reserve Properties or Capital Developments and associated website visitors as well as other related information, such as your operating system, your internet browser, page requests and the average time you spend on our website. This information is used to help us generally understand our Reserve Properties or Capital Developments and associated website activity and to monitor and improve the overall website experience.
As you browse the Reserve Properties, Capital Developments and associated websites, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can better understand your interests. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that our website can send to your internet browser which may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive so that we can recognize you when you return to our website in the future. If you have registered with the Reserve Properties, Capital Developments and/or associated websites, these cookies may let us know who you are and identify your browser as one that has visited the websites before. These cookies may also be required to access your account information (which is securely stored on the hard drive of our computer) in order to allow us to deliver our products and personalized services to you. You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from the websites, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of the website.
ANALYTICS AND REMARKETING
OPTING OUT OF INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING
If you want to ﬁnd out more about the collection and use of information by third parties for customized advertising purposes, or if you would like to opt out of certain third-party cookies and make selections about what online advertisement you want to receive, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website at www.digitaladvertisingalliance.org or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://www.youradchoices.ca/choices. You may also be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/. Your continued use of the Reserve Properties, Capital Developments and associated websites without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third parties based on your prior visits to our websites and other websites elsewhere on the Internet.
By regular mail: Attention: Privacy Officer, Reserve Properties Ltd., 110 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 500, Toronto, ON M4P 2Y1
By email: email@example.com
By regular mail: Attention: Joy Wang, Capital Developments. Suite 1202 – 45 St. Clair Ave W. Toronto, ON M4V 1K9
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org